Since we have had our solar installed, I have written an update each month so that anyone even thinking about going solar can have the facts in hand. This month is no different and actually I am pretty impressed with the numbers considering the amount of 90+ degree days we have had.
I am really no going to say much as I will just post pictures of my bills and you can decide for yourself.
As you can see our Utility Bill total was $165.17, which added to the $45.93 from the solar bill made our total utility cost just $211.10. Now take a look at last years utility bill:
There is about an $85 difference from last year, but ok I know your thinking, ” well, there were less Kw used this year than last.” Ok, let’s take a look.
So June 2016 Kw total (Utility and Solar) :1323Kw. Wow, yes that is less than the 1643 from July 2015 exactly 320. Yes we are being proactive in reducing our energy usage.
Lets look deeper:
Taking a look at ONLY Kw usage:
1323 Kw used total (utility & solar) if we paid utility (.099 Kw) we would have paid $130.98
But we only paid $120.28-so Kw for Kw, Dollar for Dollar-we still saved over $10 this month. Some months will be better than others but a savings of $120+ a year is worth it to me.
As I had stated in an earlier post, this is a very small system due to the lack of roof space we have, but in the long run:
- We put no money out of pocket up front
- We paid nothing for installation, permits etc
- All maintenance, repairs, and/or replacements are free during the life of the contract (20 yrs-and the contract is transferrable to new owners if we would ever sell) Not a penny comes from me!
- We can monitor production/usage on our own website hourly if we choose.
- Company monitors system 24/7 and sends someone to repair/replace any issues without us lifting a finger.
- We are making a significant impact on the environment by reducing our dependence on grid energy.
This has just been a great experience so far and I am so happy with the outcomes and returns from our system.
I would recommend anyone even thinking about solar to at least get a free, no obligation consultation. It is all handled by email and phone until you make a decision to have it installed.
Get you free consultation here:
Disclaimer: Although I am excited about our solar install, I do receive a referral bonus from anyone that submits a free consultation through this website and moves forward to install. BUT the good news is YOU CAN TOO! Be sure to check out the Solar Rewards Program so you can claim a $250 bonus with each and every referral-NO LIMIT!
p.s.-If you are not ready to go solar, but want to still make a difference on the environment, check out how you can have a great impact here: